Redline Rules of Motorcycling.
1. The wheel turns. Do unto others, as you would like them to do unto you.
2. Saddlebags can never hold everything you want, but they can hold everything you need.
3. Wear heavy boots. You can't kick things when you're wearing takkies.
4. Never argue with a woman holding a torque wrench.
5. Routine maintenance should never be neglected.
6. The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rear-view mirror. Never be afraid to slow down.
7. Only bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.
8. If it takes more than 3 bolts to hold it on, it's probably crucial.
9. The number of kicks it takes to start your bike is directly proportional to the number of spectators.
10. Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is good and warm.
11. Sometimes it takes a whole tank full of petrol before you can think straight.
12. Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.
13. A good rider has balance, judgment and good timing. So does a good lover.
14. If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.
15. A bike on the road is worth 2 in the shop.
16. When you look down the road, it seems to never end, but you better believe it does.
17. Young riders pick a destination and go... old riders pick a direction and go.
18. Overconfidence can be supplied by spare spark plugs, a set of spanners and a roll of toilet paper.
19. Advice is free and worth every cent!
20. Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to stop for the night.
21. Always back your bike into the curb and sit where you can see it.
22. Live to ride, Ride to live.
23. Keep your bike in good repair.
24. Motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking.
25. People are like motorcycles: each is customized a bit differently.
26. More races were won in the pub than on the track.
27. Never loan your bike to someone else and never ride another's.
28. If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
29. Well trained reflexes are quicker than luck!
30. The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.
31. Learn to do counterintuitive things that may someday save your butt.
32. Beware the biker whose ink peels off.
33. If you really want to know what's going on, watch what's happening at least 5 cars ahead.
34. Don't make a reputation you'll have to live down or run away from later.
35. Smoke and grease can hide a multitude of errors, but only for so long.
36. A friend is someone who'll get out of bed at 2 am to drive his bakkie to the middle of nowhere, to get you when you're broken down.
37. The thicker your oil, the hotter you can take it.
38. Catching a bug at 120 kph can double your vocabulary.
39. If she changes her oil more than she changes her mind, follow her.
40. It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.
41. Remember that you will be judged by the horse you ride on.
42. Don't ride so late into the night that you sleep through the sunrise.
43. Borewors & Coffee are as important as Petrol.
44. Donít hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town.
45. Whatever it is, itís better in the wind.
46. Remember to pay as much attention to your partner as you do your carburetors.
47. You gotta understand the rules of motorcycling.